Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dancing with the Stars



Tea and bisquits are served at our hotel in the lounge nightly at 9pm. Upon returning from dinner I figured I would do a quick email check before heading to bed. Outside of the door to the lounge an older gentleman chuckled as I prepared to enter the room and said "Enter at your own risk. You don't seem to be the type to do that sort of thing." I laughed, broadened my shoulders and exclaimed, "K. I'm going in." Upon entering I find the tele is on at full blast showing the nation's favorite program, Dancing with the Stars. (Kinda like American Idol, but about ball room dancing) There had to be over a dozen ladies, sitting elbow to elbow, watching this show. And they were loving it! They knew all of the dancers by name and commented on what they were wearing tonight and how it compares with the last outfit. They exclaimed in horror when one of their favorites gets a less that favorable score. It is quite entertaining really. "Some have too much dress, don't you think" "Oh, this one can really dance". "Ah, now, look at her, did you see her last week? She is doing much better. Good on her." It was a pleasure to experience.

Here are some of the ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Adie, for sharing your journey with us. I am very grateful for your updates. It is great to vicariously experience the nuances of your trip: preparation, set up, flight, flower shows and Dancing with the Stars! I hope Greg is feeling better now.
    Love you!
    Chabes

    ReplyDelete